Monday, January 30, 2012

Bernzomatic Oxy MAPP Torch

I purchased one of the hobby-sized Bernzomatic Oxy/Mapp torches, and once it arrives, I'm ready to do some braze-ons.

I considered a straight Air-Mapp torch, but since I got this used, it ended up being cheaper than a new MAPP only torch, and the small amount I expect to use it should keep the disposable Oxy tanks from getting too cost prohibitive. It will be nice to have the additional heat from the Oxygen, and I figure I can always pick up an inexpensive Air/Mapp torch later.

Unlike the current model, this older version has a pressure gauge for the Oxygen tank, which is a step up from the newer, cheaper torches that replaced it.

I'll start out on the bent fork from my old Trek 720 Multitrack. I am building these bikes into highly functional commuting/touring bikes, and this bike is already getting a new touring fork with rack/fender brazeons on the dropouts, leaving the old fork for experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment